Grandma Hazel Irene Cazier ("Little Grandma")
1915-2008
1915-2008
This has been hard for me to blog about because my Grandma is so dear to me.On Sunday, October 19th, my Grandma Cazier passed away at 93 years old. It was quick but unexpected. At 93 she lived alone in her home, drove her own car and was in good health. Luckily, when she passed she was with friends and got to see her daughters, Sheila and my mom, Susan. My Grandma means so much to me. There is so much I'm going to miss. But I know and find comfort that she is with her sweetheart, my Grandpa. Grandma was known for her beauty, her class, her sense of humor and her wit. She was also very creative and knowledgable about all kinds of things but mostly religion and politics. I had the honor of dressing her for her burial along with my Mom and cousins, Kris and Heather. What an honor and what a beautiful way to say goodbye. My sister, Tiffany gave a wonderful Eulogy and told some great stories about Grandma. Grandma's passing has me reflecting on the importance of family sealings and enjoying our family... faults, disagreements and all, while we have this precious time with them. It has also reminded me of how much harder I need to work to make sure my family is together forever in the eternities. I'm so grateful for the example my Grandparents were for me and that their marriage was sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. I also wanted to say "thank you" to all of my friends and family members who sent their sympathies. They were very comforting during a difficult time.
Grandma's 93rd Birthday
Grandma's Funeral~Oct. 25, 2008






I am so sorry. My Grandma passed 18 years ago, and I still miss her. What a wonderful reunion you will have some day.
ReplyDeleteDear Tami,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you lost your grandma. I remember when Heather and I visit taught you, you girls almost always talked about her. She must be a very special person. So grateful we can be with our loved ones again someday. Love, masha
Hi, Tami--
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful tribute to your Grandma! It made me cry. (My grandma turns 98 next week, but I try not to think of her not being here anymore.) What a joyful reunion she is having with your grandpa now! I'm so glad to know we can see these people again someday.
Oh Tami, I'm so very sorry. She sounds like an amazing woman.
ReplyDelete