CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Collin turns 4!

I can't believe that my little baby Collin is 4 years old. (except for the major changes in attitude we have experienced these last few weeks--more on that later) Collin was so excited when his "Gammy-Su" came to wish him a Happy 4th Birthday a day early. When he heard Gammy at the door Collin ran down the stairs shouting "Gammy's here! Gammy's here!" (im sure it had nothing to do with the fact that she was holding two beautifully wrapped birthday presents)
Collin's birthday was on a Monday and as we woke him up to shout "Happy Birthday" he immediately asked "Did you put up balloons and a big sign that says 'Happy Birthday, Collin'?" I assured him that it was all taken care of. Then he ran downstairs to see his decorations and gifts. We quickly opened gifts as it was a school day.
He was most excited about the Sponge Bob fishing pole that I bought for him months ago because I thought "every boy needs a fishin pole" and it was on clearance. ;) He was with me during that shopping trip and despite my efforts to hide the pole from him by brilliantly putting it under the shopping cart he was riding in, (yeh, that worked when he was 12 months old) and telling him that he has to forget about it so it will be a surprise for his birthday, he has NOT forgotten it. He talked about that darn fishin pole just about every day. When he opened it on his birthday he said something like "YAY! The Sponge Bob Fishing Pole that I forgot!"

Collin was also very excited about the Pinocchio costume we gave him. He has been talking about being Pinocchio for Halloween for MONTHS and lately he would not stop asking me to "buy it on the computer" for him. Whenever I'd ask him what he wanted for his birthday, it was always " a pinnochio costume!" He has since dressed up in this costume about 6 times in the last 7 days.
We celebrated with family and friends at Chuck E Cheeses that evening. Collin wanted a yellow cake with green frosting. (he was very specific) He had a lot of fun running around with his cousin and riding the simulated roller coaster ride. We were touched by how many loved ones showed up to our spontaneous trip to Chuck E Cheeses and endured hours of noise and chaos. We sure love and appreciate them for that.
The following Friday we went to Disneyland as a family( Collin & Mommy's favorite place.)
We made sure to stop at Main Street City Hall so Collin could get his honorary Birthday Badge and a surprise telephone birthday greeting from Goofy!
Collin couldn't wait to meet his favorite character, Woody.

Not only did he meet Woody and Jessie, but he was called up to the stage during Woody's Halloween Round-Up Show and everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to Collin.


And to make Collin's Birthday trip complete, the Pinocchio Puppet Show Window was finally reopened at the Village Haus Restaurant. Collin was delighted!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I wish I had a birthday week of celebrations like that!!!!!!!!!!!! Excellent. The off season is the BEST time for Disneyland!

    I read the last 3 blogs in a row...your anniversary events were awesome. Happy 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday,little Collin! Glad Disneyland finally got their act together in time for your birthday. Sorry we missed looking for the window while we were there yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-day Colin! I can't believe he is 4. He was just a little guy when you moved in. I've never seen him look happier! What a great week for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe he is 4 already??? How do you get so many photos in one post? I can only get 4 or 5. Looks like you had fun celebrating... I miss you all. Heath

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, Tami Sue...it's been a VERY long time since the last post! Blog a few sentences, will you! :)

    ReplyDelete