CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Anniversaries don't come around often enough.

My dear friend, Ana offered to not just watch my boys for two whole days and a night but she entertained them with "Sleepover" themed activities so that Matt and I could get away for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. Matt and I escaped Friday morning to the LA temple to do some sealings and remember our sealing covenants . We had lunch and THAT would've made a great Anniversary. But then we drove up to Big Bear and stayed the night in an adorable little bed and breakfast. http://www.eaglesnestlodgebigbear.com/We woke up to a homemade breakfast and then rode our bikes along the lake. I was just about delirious with happiness. The weather was perfect, the sky was blue, the lake sparkling, the bike path EASY and all the while it was peaceful and romantic. We had such a great time. Of course, being the fan of FAMILY vacations, we've already made plans to take the kids back this summer and camp at Big Bear Lake. CAN'T WAIT!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that sounds like heaven! And I didn't realize we got married so close together. (our 14th was Sept. 3rd) Those pictures are beautiful and you're absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful anniversary!!! I like that you went to the temple to do sealings. Congrats! and here's to many more fun years for you. Ana better be careful now that the word is out. The Wilson clan just may be knocking on her door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time the two of you had time to get away, just the two of you! Glad it worked out and the you were able to have such good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm glad it was special.

    Now when is our BFF anniversary, and can we get babysitters and go to Big Bear together? LOL

    ReplyDelete